?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Stitching Update (no pics)

Last Thursday night I went to my twice a month EGA meeting. The first meeting of the month is the "Stitch and Bitch". Nothing organized, we sit around a BIG table and stitch and chat. This time I took 2 pieces that needed finishing. So I finished stitching up the Flower Sprinkles Biscornu, stuffed it, and closed it off. It went together very nicely. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I also (mostly) finished a silk hankie with silk ribbon embroidery Christmas Angel that I stitched something like 10 years ago. I have to glue the halo on, and iron her and she's done.
On Saturday morning I washed and ironed a bunch of pieces of finished stitching. Now I can get correct measurements for the acid free foam core I'll procure today so I can make them into wall hangings. I also washed and ironed the backing materials.

On Sunday Night (while Joe was with the kids at my Grams house) I did the last step of finishing "Fa la la la, blah, blah, blah, blah." I glued on the edging to hide the joined front and back. I also put together the valentine pin mattress (still needs edging glued on, I'll get to that today), and I finished the treasure box. I stitched the top a couple of years ago. I washed and ironed it on Saturday, stretched it and glued it to the box on Sunday.

I'm finding the large amounts of books in the spare room very useful when I'm gluing the front and back pieces together. I put a clean diaper on the floor. A clean diaper on top and then load a large stack of books on it. Twenty-four hours later. Its done.

So what am I actually stitching now?

On Friday I started a new project. Or rather an abandoned WIP. I think I put in a half a dozen stitches in it on January 1, 2007 and I haven't touched it since. So I re-started Amy Mittens "The Garden Plot Thickens". Its not only a mystery sampler (or at least that's how it was originally designed and released) but its a murder mystery. The clues are hidden in the short stories at the start of each piece of the sampler and in the needlework. The solution is in an envelope taped to the back  of the book. I've finished the first two bands and am starting band 3. The original mystery came out in 12 installments and took a year. I am going to try and do one each month for the next year. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too difficult as each section isn't too large. This month is the first 4 bands. Next month is the band with the lady in it. I'm definitely thinking its doable. This is a fun sampler for me, because I'm using more than just one or two stitches. There's lots of different types of stitches with this one. I'm even trying to do the single path double running stitch as its called for. But on some of the bigger sections, I get waaaaaay to confused, so I just use a normal backstitch. Its turning out very pretty, and I'm very happy with it.

That's pretty much it for now. I'll take some pictures this afternoon and attempt to post them later.

Tags:

Latest Month

January 2016
S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Teresa Jones