Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Eventful weekend thus far

Okay, there's only two big events worth writing about. I'll start with the less worrisome.

1. After owning a cell phone for over 11 years I finally did something stupid with one.

I left it in my jeans pocket and tossed them into the wash. I now have a squeaky clean phone. Now I have to go out and get a new one. The SIM card has a big of corrosion on it...I'm hoping that won't impede its use...'cause if its busted...I lose all my minutes (over 1500) and my phone number. Which would be annoying. (Why would I lose them? I use a Tracfone, its a pay as you go phone...I've had it for years and its been the cheapest way for me to go)

2. After church we looked at the falling skies and decided we would go someplace "fun" for lunch. (read somewhere where the kids could run around a play and burn off some energy before we take them home for the afternoon) We decided to try the Roundtable pizza we were supposed to go to on Thursday.  Pizza, play, blah, blah.

Until Joe takes Gwen to the bathroom...where she proceeds to utterly smash her fingers in the door leaving the men's room. She comes back crying her head off, Joe hands her to me, I give her some love and notice the blood running down her hand. She must have tried yanking her hand out cause she scraped the skin and flesh on her finger almost down to the bone. Blech.

We grab a clean kitchen towel, some ice in a bag, the other two kids and head for the car. We decide that, yes it needs to be looked at. No, not right this second, no need to go just up the street to Santa Clara Kaiser with EVERYONE.  We can run home, leave everyone not necessary there, and go to the minor injury clinic at the Kaiser near the house. By the time we got home, not only was Ike asleep,  Gwen was too. The blood slowed down to a slow ooze and I noticed that the nailbed on the finger next to the bloody one is cracked and oozing plasma (yuck!)

We let Gwen decide who to take her to the Doctor (not me!), so Joe left me with Ike (still asleep!) and Elli at home.

I'm hoping this won't take 3 hours. I'm hoping they'll look at it and go. "Oh. Here have a band-aid and a tetanus shot"

I'm not holding my breath.

More updates later.



( 7 comments — Leave a comment )
Feb. 22nd, 2009 11:00 pm (UTC)
Useless tip: if you ever drop your phone in water vs. a full wash cycle, put it in a cup of dry rice. The rice pulls the moisture out. The freezer has also worked for me. A few months back, I had a bit of shivering convulsion during a nasty fever & dropped my PDA phone into a good hot bath. Danny took it apart, wiped the insides down, and it's still working except for the Bluetooth function.
Feb. 22nd, 2009 11:18 pm (UTC)
Its a cheap phone (I'm a cheap person) its not the phone I'm worried about...its that sim card. I don't want to lose my number.

But I'll file that tip down in the cavern of Useless Information that Impresses the Hell out of People while in Librarian Mode. =)
Feb. 23rd, 2009 12:35 am (UTC)
Oh good lord! I hope everything turns out OK and that Gwen heals up soon.
Feb. 23rd, 2009 06:01 am (UTC)
All better and asleep. Gave her Motrin when she got home and she passed out not too long ago. She was thrilled to get a "picture" to bring home to show me (a copy of the x-ray).
Feb. 23rd, 2009 03:00 am (UTC)
Poor Gwen! Poor Mama!
Feb. 23rd, 2009 06:04 am (UTC)
She's all better! Two stitches, no broken bones. Home and asleep. Motrin is good stuff.
Feb. 23rd, 2009 04:30 am (UTC)
This is SO going into her birthday poem next year.
( 7 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

January 2016
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Teresa Jones