Last saturday Joe & I signed contracts to have both our back yard done and the kitchen done. Yea for us!
Today we had 3 contractors around to do work.
1. The landscaper came by to remove the jungle of plants under the bedroom windows and lay down a 4 x 4 concrete pad for the A/C unit that will be installed later.
2. The plumber was here to extend the gas line and allow us to switch the clothes dryer and the stove from electric to gas. This allows us to save $7500 of the $10k it would take to dig up the street to make sure we have enough power to run said A/C and the future hot tub (code requires dedicated 220's for both.)
3. Electricians from Lamp's Plus were here to install 5 ceiling fans. (Family Room, Office, and 3 bedrooms) We put in ceiling fans even though we are putting an A/C on the HVAC system because: one, its really hot right now and two, it's cheaper on the PG&E bill. You can keep the house generally at a higher temperature and run the fans and have it feel cooler. Also I love having over head general lighting.
Next week we have appointments with:
1. The plumber. We have a leak under the house (found during the purchase by the home inspector) and since the plumber has to dig up part of the plumbing to completely fix it, he wanted more time than was left today.
2. The HVAC contractor. We're getting a completely new HVAC system. We have to replace the heater because the one we have itsn't set up for A/C
3. The Lighting designer. He'll help us figure out what to do with our ugly ass over head lighting in the kitchen as well as under cabinet lighting.
Okay Elli is now rubbing her eyes & acts like she wants to go to bed. I can do that!