- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out; it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish and it might come true. Give and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
If you have done this, please leave a comment here with the link! That way I can surf around and see whose wishes I might be able to fulfill. (Yes, I'm adding the ones I see to my memories if they're not already linked to in this post.)
I pulled this from </a></b></a>and I thought it was a cool idea, but now I've gotta think about it.
1. A nap. A long, luxurious, uninterrupted nap. Okay, seriously, a dozen of them.
2. My sex drive back. And I'm not the only one wishing for this one. =)
3. A copy of "The Perfect Stitch."
4. A clean house. My house is filthy and I hate it.
5. A cut and color. I haven't cut my hair in over a year and I've been wearing the same style for almost 20. Now granted, I'm a wash and go girl, and will be for a few years yet, but still.
6. I want to go out for a movie. Its been waaaay too long. (2 nights before the girls were born)
7. I would love to have some of my stitching finished. Either framed or sewn into wall hangings. I have a pile of things that I'm done with the stitching, but haven't had the time (or money) to do something to them so I can put them on a wall.
8. A long visit with my Dad, without the step-bitch calling every half hour buggin' him to come home.
9. A trip to Fondue Freds. We didn't go for my birthday this year, and I'm longing for some really good melted cheese.
10. Really cute, dressy shoes, that don't hurt my feet. Something to wear with dresses to church or work, or something like that. I hate shoe shopping 'cause I've got huge feet that no one likes to make shoes for. (Although I could go shopping where the Drag Queens shop, but I'm not looking for "Fuck me!" heels.)
11. (Okay, I know it said 10 but I just thought of something) I want to go out and have some fun with either Joe or friends and just enjoy the experience. I'm tired of feeling rushed or worried that who ever has the kids won't be able to handle them (I know they'll be fine, I'm afraid of my monsters getting out of hand). I want to be able to relax and just be in the moment.